Thursday, October 25, 2007

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system

... and it will be deleted if possible :p

[edits below]

... ok, cannot seem to decipher enough French (damn you, blogspot, for detecting that I am in France and translating your entire UI!) to find a way to delete, so might as well explain why this post exists in the first place.

I picked up an HTC Touch so I could take advantage of all the free wifi hotspots, figuring the 200-300 euros it will save me on net cafes makes the price bearable. However, PocketIE (the web browser on it) doesn' let me sign in to blogger or facebook. Ergo, here I am paying for net access on a PC just to set up the blog to accept posts via email (which I *can* send and receive on the HTC). This post exists to make sure that works :p Looks like I will still have to pay for access any time I need to upload photos, too. Ah well.

Side note: I bought this thing in Paris. The operating system on it is Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional, and it is locked to French because of some stupid licensing issues =(. Can set regional settings for currency/date/phone number formatting, but cannot change the language of the OS itself. So I went and bought a French-English dictionary just so I could find out what all the menus and dialog boxes are saying =P heh.

Anyway, the upshot of this is that I will be checking facebook less often than I was (like, once a month instead of once a week), but email more often (at least at hostels with free wi-fi, which is common but not universal, and is not present where I am staying here in Marseilles for the next 5 nights). So don't message me on facebook if you want any kind of timely reply!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Sure is a good thing your French classes are more recent than mine! I'd surely be in trouble!!
Miss you!
Love you!!

Scrapnqueen said...

And you get your blog comments e-mailed to you, right?

Logan said...

yes, blog comments get mailed to me - though I can still read them here, I just cannot post them or anything (at a net cafe at the moment, was to upload photos but sadly this cafe doesn't allow the facebook ActiveX control for photos! grrr!)

Scrapnqueen said...

Frustrating. We'll look forward to seeing them.

Have a great weekend, bro!

Lc said...

Hello from Azores.

http://rotadashortencias.blogspot.com/