Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Notes

So, some things of note. And a lot of non-noteworthy things.

RSS Feeds.
I've finally been dragged forward into the 18th century and started using an RSS feed aggregator. Now I can get my 4 webcomics, Ars Technica, and Talena's blog all in one place. Yay! You can do this too. If you are using Firefox, just click that little orange-and-white icon on the right hand side of the address bar right now. Muddle your way through a couple more clicks and you're done! (Don't worry, those extra clicks won't kill you, and there is probably no wrong choice.)

I do find that it is hard to kill the urge to browse to all of the aforementioned sites via bookmarks or manually, though. What if they post something and it takes 30 seconds to show up in the RSS feed>? I might live 30 seconds without laughing at a comic that I would otherwise laugh at! Omg! OMFG! ... yeah, I'll adjust :p

Dinosaurs.
They do roam the earth. I'm typing on one right now. It didn't feel that way until I just got home and turned it on after my first day in the new office, where I was using the new laptop they issued me for work. That one is really nice :p (smaller, faster, creates fire and simple tools... yep, it's a step up the ladder)

Pizza
Papa John's doesn't deliver to my current address. Sad! Zeek's Pizza does, and it is even tastier, albeit at "specialty pizza" prices.

Movin' on up
Becoming a Microsoft employee feels a bit like upgrading to being a first class citizen. There are a lot of businesses (banks, restaurants, car dealerships, insurance, whatever) around here that offer special discounts and deals for MS employees. And with a MS population almost half the size of Red Deer right here in the Puget Sound area, it is no wonder. On top of that, we get a Prime card and the uber cool status that can only come from wearing a badge with a blue square and your picture on it. Woo!

Movin' on up even higher
My temporary apartment is on the 21st floor, large windows facing south into downtown, which is at least 5 blocks away. Everything in between is short buildings, so the view is great, over a bit of Puget Sound too :) Me likey. Of course, once I get my own place it will probably have a view of a brick wall, so it is appropriate to enjoy the view whilst I can.

Yuppieness
So. High rise apartment, office downtown, fancy-shmancy rental car... yep. I feel like a yuppie. Finally? That should last approximately until I have to pay my own rent then go broke from the crazy rental rates around here :)

2 comments:

Laurel said...

So, how about posting a picture of your view from your 21st floor, yuppie apartment window.....one daytime, one nighttime!!

Scrapnqueen said...

That sounded note-worthy enough for me! See, I knew that it was a good investment to come and buy you supper once in a while when you were in college. Now I get the status upgrade of being sister to a first-class citizen! :-)

Is your computer roaming? That's something I'd like to see...